- $9.6 million generated for Pittsburgh through City Employee Wage Tax withholdings.
- Parents, visitors, and guests at the Pitt campus contributed $151 million in visitor-related expenditures.
- More than 123,000 Pitt alumni live in Pittsburgh and surrounding counties, renting or purchasing homes, paying taxes, and contributing to the local economy; and about 183,000 alumni live in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- $10.58 million in new capital obtained by local businesses with help from Pitt’s Institute of Entrepreneurial Excellence.
- Pitt social work students provided $6 million in services to Pittsburgh-area communities.
- More than 40,000 people received.donated care from Pitt’s School of Dental Medicine in one year.
- Pitt students spent about $389 million in the region on goods, services, and rental payments.
- $62.4 billion in economic impact produced.
An Economic Engine
Helping Local Businesses
Local businesses obtained $10.58 million in new capital with help from Pitt's Institute of Entrepreneurial Excellence.
Pitt social work students provided $6 million in services to Pittsburgh-area communities.
Donated Dental Care
More than 40,000 people received donated care from Pitt's School of Dental Medicine in one year.